You may have already noticed that I have acquired a slight obsession with collage making these days. It’s also cause I have chosen to make collages for my #the100dayproject this year (I talked a bit about it in my previous post.).
So when Team Instax booked me for another session of Instax & Crafts which happened last April 21, I immediately came up with a fun summer-themed collage project for the occassion.
You see, when we come up with activities for the Instax workshops, we make sure they are very doable for non-craftsy people and at the same time, enjoyable to those who are more art-inclined. After all, we get a lot of participants who don’t usually cut, paint or sew on a regular basis but sign up because they simply want to spend an afternoon doing something new. And that’s really great, so it’s imperative that we make it all-inclusive.
This collage project is just that! It provides a lot of room for play and imagination which anybody can do. I knew participants would easily pick it up, but again, I was impressed by how the collages turned out and how much detail were put into some.
You can try it out too! Sharing with you the simple steps of making painted paper collages in this post. Turn it into a summer activity at home!
1. Prepare the following materials: Watercolor paper, board paper, Watercolor set, paint brush, scissors, glue, Instax print
2. FREE PAINTING! Without overthinking it, fill a sheet of watercolor paper with swashesof color. Use colors that appeal to you. Make it fun and bright!
3. Let the painting sit. While waiting for it to dry, plan what elements you want to include in your collage. Do you want to make a tropical scenery? Maybe just random shapes? Geometric? It’s totally up to you!
4. Cut the painted sheet of paper into the shapes you like.
5. Without gluing the elements yet, map them out on the board paper, around the Instax photo. Once you like how it looks, snap a photo using your phone cam then use that photo as a reference while gluing each piece in place.
6. Feel free to add more detail as you go.
And there you have it! A colorful summer collage to brighten up your wall, give as a keepsake or stick in an album. Enjoy!
Join the next Instax & Crafts! It’s absolutely FREE! Follow @teaminstaxph on Instagram to get instant event updates.