Receiving mail from friends (and my go-to online craft stores!) always makes my day! I love the thrill of finding something on our doorstep or in our mailbox and the entire process of opening it and discovering what’s inside. All the more when I receive something that had obviously been carefully and lovingly made and written by hand — it’s like receiving a part of that person, fragile and precious. It’s intimate without being invasive. It’s upbuilding and a breath of fresh air.
So I thought it would be good idea to make another person’s day and have a bunch of others join me in spreading happiness by doing another mail swap. I’ve done this in the past and it was always fun. I’m looking at having at least ten people, including me, exchange heartfelt words and thoughtful art within the next month. The only rule for this swap is that you send something handmade and handwritten.
Also, I thought it would be good to provide a theme so we all have something to write and share about. And because I’m almost sure all people like to watch movies whether in a movie house or in the comforts of home, the theme I came up with is FAVORITE MOVIE LINES. It can be a funny, smart or heart-wrenching quote. You can just share the quote itself saying from what movie it is and which character said it. If you’re in the mood, you can even expound on why you really like that specific movie or line.
Doesn’t that sound fun? If interested, read the mechanics below:
1. Register by sending the following details to email@example.com on or before July 23, Sunday:
– Full Name
– Instagram username
– Complete Mailing Address
– Mobile No
2. Prepare nine (9) letters or cards handwritten and hand-designed by you! Do calligraphy, rubberstamps, embroidery, or pure illustration. It’s totally up to you as long as you follow the theme provided and share with us your favorite movie quotes.
3. All mailing addresses will be emailed to swap participants by July 24, Monday.
4. Mailing period will be from Aug 1 to 7 and no later than.
5. Ideally you send them by post or courier, but if you want, you may also hand deliver.
NOTE: For Philippine residents only.
• Accompanying art of your handwritten message may or may not be “movie-themed” but it’s definitely encouraged.
• There is no size limit to what you can send as long as it fits in a mailbox. The standard size would be of a postcard.
• Your welcome to add other treats to your mail such as bookmarks and stickers as long as it fits in your envelope of choice.
Wait no more! Exciting letters are to be made. Drop me an email and join now! 🙂
#snailmailswap #DIY #craftswap #artsandcrafts
Check out the crafty mail swaps I’ve joined in the past: