I had something else planned for today’s craft, but the other night, I was looking through the photos from The DIY Mom workshop as I was putting together yesterday’s post and I was inspired to makes something else. Instead of making another thing to decorate the house, I thought a cute Christmas accessory would be great. Kayo thought the same thing so I went ahead and made Christmas brooches, one of which I’m giving to my Mom.
1. First you need: felt or fabric, gems from buttons or earrings, blank pin, glue gun, scissors
2. Get your felt or fabric and cut them into leaves. What type of leaf is really up to you but since it’s Christmas, I made mine like holly leaves. I also layered two different shades of green.
3. With the leaves, cut a small circle which will serve as the base of your brooch.
4. Glue the felt leaves on the base, starting with the holly leaves. Afterwards, glue your gem in the middle for a little sparkle!
5. Turn it over and glue your blank pin on the back, securing it with another small piece of felt.
I made another one that’s a Christmas tree and it’s basically just three layers of different colored felt with a gem or sparkly embellishment on top.
And there you have it! It’s something pretty and festive you can add to a regular outfit for a more holiday look. If you’ve got the time this weekend, you may even want to make a few for your mom, sisters or girlfriends and have everyone wear it on Christmas day 🙂
Have a merry and sparkly Christmas!
Check out the other projects in our 12 Crafts for Christmas:
No 12: Paper Crafts on Wreath
No 11: “Oh What Fun” Paper Mobile
No 10: DIY Advent Calendar
No 9: Christmas Themed Art Display
No 8: DIY Fabric Wrapped Christmas Balls
No 7: A Joyful, Joyful Pillowcase
No 6: Bottle Cap Photo Frame Ornaments
No 5: Five Cheap & easy Gift Wrapping Ideas
No 4: DIY Card Set Gift Idea