Summer is very much into animals these days (Thanks to Madagascar and Finding Nemo!) so I made her these cute lion and giraffe shirts.
All I needed were plain white shirts, a pencil, a fabric marker and a cutting mat/cardboard. I didn’t get to take step by step photos but basically, here’s what I did (so simple!):
1) Insert your cutting mat or cardboard inside the shirt so the ink won’t bleed through to the back side
2) Use a pencil to draw your design. It will wash off so you don’t have to worry about making mistakes
2) When you’re happy with what you’ve drawn, use the fabric pen to draw the outlines. Fabric pens/Textile markers come in many colors but I went with plain black because I wanted it very simple (Black and white is back!).
3) After you’re done drawing, let it dry completely
4) For washability, I ironed it for a couple of minutes on “cotton” setting.
And that’s it! You can also add other fun details to your kiddie tee. For Summer’s lion tee, I stitched zigzags around the edge of the sleeves using black thread. I think it’s so cute! Can’t wait for her to wear them!